Old 23-08-2005, 10:17 PM
WaltA

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:53:46 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

(WaltA) contains these words:

In fact, I think I remember reading that it is a (new fangled?)
regulation or statute that the bags must be so marked.
Where that leaves the small trader who bags up a few for
customer convenience I don't know.

/spuds/

I think they'd be OK - there's usually an allowance for small traders -
unless they weigh in avoirdupois...

Your faith in our rulers, masters and betters is commendable, however,
such was not the case when the EU ( or was it the EEC then?) decided
upon a permitted list of seeds that may be sold.
Which resulted in the HDRA Heritage, and other, seed swap schemes.
Dr Jeremy Cherfas, once of that institution, had much to say about the
incompetents in the EU !
I think that that has now been rectified though ( I'm out of touch
with the current situation regarding the EU maintained seed list)

Whilst not ruling out your assumption, I would not be surprised to
learn of another snafu