Old 24-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Warren

TP wrote:
Our Dutch elm died suddenly. This tree has to be 50 years old. Been
groomed and maintained by us for the last 17 years. Always looks great.
This elm just started browning up 2 months ago and dropping all its
leaves. Had a tree surgeon out, he said it will never come back, too may
leaves gone. The Dutch elm disease wouldn’t strike that quick, would it?
Could my neighbor poison it? Maybe drove a copper stake into it. She has
complained it is close to the fence she recently installed.

Dutch Elm disease strikes very fast, and is very contagious.

But you shouldn't have to guess what killed the tree. If it was Dutch Elm
disease, or poisoned, a trained arborist should be able to tell.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/