Old 24-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Rod Out Back

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"Rob & Shel" wrote in message
u...
In the current Bunnings catalogue is a GMC 2100W mulcher for $99.
I want one for my 1/8 acre block to shred shrubbery & (maximum) finger

sized
twigs, to tide me over till I move out bush.

Any thoughts on this mulcher?

I have had bad experiences with electric mulchers, they are capable of
very
little, they jam up easily on quite thin sticks. I suppose for $99 you
can
afford to write it off to experience if it fails but can you afford the
lawsuit when you toss it over the fence in frustration and kill the
neighbour's cat?

David

If it was me, I'd shoot the neighbours cat FIRST; then throw the dead
mulcher over the fence... Funnily enough, it's how I ended up going out with
a girl many, many moons ago...(shooting the cat; not throwing the mulcher
over the fence...).

We have an eleccy-start 9hp Granberg mulcher, and I would question what
effectiveness a 2100w(~3hp) unit will have. However, one of our neighbours
has an electric one that they seem to be very happy with. Ours handles up
to about 20mm down the main chute, and up to about 40mm down the side-chute.

For $99, its hard to not consider giving it a try...

Cheers,

Rod.......Out Back