Old 24-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Ann

"pam" expounded:

Ann, I didn't mean to imply that earwigs are harmless - Lord knows thay have
done some serious damage on dahlias and roses in my garden from time to
time - but they are unlikely to have wreaked the devastation the OP
describes unless present in remarkable numbers. I believe the damage is
being caused by some as yet unidentified nasties. The earwigs are pretty
darn easy to trap using the method described, tho.

I understand, but in the past we've had people insisting that earwigs
don't cause much harm in a garden, and they certainly can (as you
know) if you've got a huge number of them. I agree with what you
suspect about 'unidentified nasties' WRT this particular thread.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts