Old 24-08-2005, 02:55 PM
jadel

GARLAND HANSON wrote:

What miticides are out there that a hobbyist can get his hands on? In
another couple of months I will be bringing the plants inside so I'd like
something that would be household-friendly.

Mites, as you've learned, are tough to kill.

The best miticides are very expensive --Avid is $284 per quart from one
source!

I don't think any of them should be used inside a house.

In the bad old days, a product called Black Leaf 40 was used on mites.
It is a 40% solution of nicotine sulfate. It is highly toxic, so it has
pretty much disappeared. IIRC, it is supposedly still available for
use by poultry farmers to control mites in henhouses. I don't know
where you could buy it.

Just Google -miticides- and you will find several places to buy them.

J. Del Col