Old 24-08-2005, 03:03 PM
Derek Broughton

Gareee© wrote:

"V.V." wrote in message
Gail-
Not sure I understand all that but my apology. Are you the moderator?

Usenet doesn't have official "moderators" per se.

Not quite true. Some groups are moderated. They generally have "moderated"
in the name (like alt.astrology.moderated).

Personally, I can get attachements here without issue, and if people post
them, fine. If people post a link elsewhere, fine.

Yeah, but it means that _everybody_ has to download all those kilobytes of
picture (except those of us on servers that strip binaries, anyway). Most
of our European friends, and many others, are still paying by the minute
for their connections. Be nice, and don't post binaries in groups
without .binaries in the name. Usenet _does_ have rules ("charters"), and
rec.ponds _does_ have a charter that precludes binaries, but Usenet does
not have a way to enforce those rules except through consensus or
moderation.

That said, I think our "offical" moderator is Jabrol.. LOL!

I'm sure he'll be around to moderate this...
--
derek