Old 24-08-2005, 07:13 PM
alan[remove][email protected]

Live on Long Island and planted on June 10th and some a week later.

Me too, same problem. The other day I saw 4 or 5 zuchinni on one
plant and today none of them looked good. They were really small,
maybe about 4 inches. I went out there the other day and thought some
kind of horrible worm was on the tip of one of then and even took a
picture to try to get online somehow but that turned out to be the
rotted flower. Then I thought it might be the chipmunks, so today I
put down crushed red pepper again. If they are rotting because there
are too many of them, then maybe the chipmunks are staying away
because of the first red pepper I put down.

I saw some blossom end rot on two of the green beefsteaks, so I'm
holding off on watering as much as I was. Actually, the sprinkler guy
was here to raise the sprinklers and he switched me from every other
day to every day for 15 minutes. Could that be why the zukes aren't
doing so well?

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:58:39 GMT, Sue wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 05:32:14 GMT, wrote:

Does a squash plant support more than one squash at a time? For example, it
seems that while a big zucchini is growing, several incipient ones grow
poorly or even rot. If I remove the big zucchini, another one starts to
grow.

I have that rotting problem, too. Sigh.
Sue

Bill