Old 24-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Default mowed clippings cause damage to plants???

A while ago I opened up the catcher to the mower allowing the clippings
to freely fly and those clippings covered some of the small trees such
as blue spruce.

But I was wondering whether those clippings as they dry on the blue
spruce can damage the blue spruce. I wonder because clippings have
nitrogen in them and whether that nitrogen can sort of leave a "burn
mark" on the stems of the blue spruce and other plants coated from the
mower spray of clippings.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium