Old 24-08-2005, 05:02 PM
JennyC

"Bill H" wrote in message
Hello

I have some clay pots that I have brought back from Africa, they are clay
that has been fired in a kiln but not glazed.
The clay after firing is a terrcotta colour.

I need to protect them from the UK elements, rain and frost, no room
indoors!

Someone suggested painting them with PVA glue which I have done, when sunny
they have a shine however everytime it rains they turn white!!

Any ideas
Many thanks
Bill H

If they are not frostproof, there's not a lot you can do about it. They really
need firing at a very high temperature.

You could perhaps try to find a local potter and ask if they will fire / glaze
them for you.
Jenny