Old 11-12-2002, 03:19 AM
~ rob ~

Default Catching Bears, was Is fire ash any good for soil ?

HaaRoy wrote in message
I have always thought that using ash from the bonfire was good for the
plants but am i under a false illusion ?

_____________________-
Reminds me of the story my dad told me about how humans in eons past used to
catch wild animals, mostly bears.

They would dig a large pit, about 3m deep, and fill it full of material to
burn, old branches and stuff.

Then they'd light a fire and reduce the stuff to ash. They would do this
several times, until the pit was about half full of ash.

Then they would put a ring of peas around the rim of the pit.

After a while, when a bear came down to take a pea, they would kick him in
the ash hole.

;)

-rjc-