Old 25-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Pat Brennan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 7:38 PM
Subject: R/O watering system

If I read that correctly, Pat, I would guess that the RO water played no
role in your experience, but that you "over-alkalinized" things, probably
because - as others have helped me see - leachate pH control is not overly
reliable with orchids.

Hey Ray,

You would be guessing wrong, but thanks. Thanks to help from Va Tech hort
department, extensions services of the states of MD, VA, NC, and CA, Karen
at Peters Lab, and the tech department of Scotts I know exactly what
happened. Dr. Joyce Latimer at Tech personally handled my case and was the
one dealing with the other state's extension services. Looking for help,
Joyce presented my case at a national extension meeting. The state did this
to me, they were most helpful in resolving it.

Pat