Old 25-08-2005, 02:41 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

** Water lettuce and hyacinth are heavy feeders and do help clear the
water. Add 1 Tbs. of Potash per 1000 gallons so they can soak up the
nitrates and phosphates. The algae will starve.....

Hmm I'll have to try adding a little potash.

* It can be the limiting factor in whether these floaters thrive and starve
the algae.

Oh! while I'm at it, I noticed that the lilies blooms will submerge, and
then after a day or so, rot and die.

* Lily flowers open above the water surface for only a few days. They then
dunk the closed blossom under water where they rot away.

Can they be "floated" for a longer life?

* Not that I know of.

I'm thinking those small foam spacers that come with bulk blank discs
would be perfect for something like that.

McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b