Old 11-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Bob

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

"Steve Warren - UK Speedtrap Guide" wrote in message ...

However I moved because of this and just as I thought I was safe, after
talking to everyone around us before we bought the new house someone in a
newer house down the valley puts up a row of Leylandii trees, several rows
at that. This will over time spoil our view of the valley, which was one of
the reasons we bought the house. I for one agree with the possible new law
as long as its fair, i.e. they take into account both parties, reasons why
etc. So in your case its fair to keep it as long as there is no risk of
damage to property and so on. But in my case, for example it would ruin and
very nice view across the valley which in turn may devalue our property
because of someone's lack of knowledge or selfish behaviour. So we should
have the right to maintain the view without some massive green mess spoiling
it.

Lets hope they use common sense, not easy for the Gov but you never know.

Catch 22!

Steve

You certainly should not have the right to maintain that view!

It's pretty unreasonable to expect the inhabitants of the valley to
behave in such a way as to preserve your view of them. When you
bought your house you did not buy the rights to the view, or the land
that it is made from.

Why should someone living a mile away have to concern themselves with
what you want?

Bob