Old 24-08-2005, 09:36 PM
WaltA

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:24:33 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

Tony Davison wrote:

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:34:22 +0100, Guy King wrote:

The message
from "Ali Hopkins" contains these words:

For measuring tea into the pot innit.

You are a deeply civilised bunny, imo.

Not as civilised as this...

http://gamilacompany.com/tea/teastick.html

Shpx me, a stainless steel re-useable tea bag. What will the think of next.

I've had various different versions of this over the last 20 years.
None werk so well as a well matured teapot.

Yep, I agree.
The problem with those gadgets is, I think, thermal capacity.

Present teapot holds 8
mugfuls, wot is more than the kettle. I need a kettle bigger than 3
pints wot switches itself off.

One can add extra boiling water to a pot of tea without detriment
provided that it is done quickly (ie soon after the first lot) and
that one has not drained the pot first.
Also it must be done quietly behind curtains.
hides behind shed door