Old 24-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Amos E Wolfe

"Gilly" wrote in message
Yesterday I ate my first ever home-grown potatoes and they were absolutely
delicious. I didn't realise they would taste so much better than
shop-bought
produce.

Tonight our mashed potato came from the allotment, as did the red onion
which formed the basis of the red onion and red wine sauce which accompanied
the steak. As I am not allowed to keep livestock we enjoyed fillet steak
from Waitrose.

Tomorrow the salad will be accompanied by some home-grown beetroot, quite
difficult to get in the East Midlands unless you like it drowned in vinegar.

Today I have earthed up a small garden crop of "marfona" potatoes which I
hope will provide for Christmas dinner. Can be a bit of a gamble but usually
survive the frosts if well earthed-up, mulched, and near the house.

-=# Amos E Wolfe #=-