Old 25-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Dean

Default Cold Greenhouse in winter

Hello everyone,
I have been reading with interest the posts here for a while now and have
yet to introduce myself. I am Dean from Southern Ireland and I am very
impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this newsgroup. So, if I may I'd
like to ask a question.
I have an unheated greenhouse and it seems so lonely and forlorn during the
wintertime having spent all summer active and productive. I'd really like to
make use of it this winter and wondered what exactly I could use it for? I
have lots of sweetpea seedlings coming up and geranium and fuscia cuttings
I've just taken. I wondered if I put cardboard on the floor (which is made
up entirely of paving slabs) and bubble wrap around the roof and walls,
would I get away with overwintering them in there instead of leaving them
out to the elements? Also, are there any seeds I could start now that will
overwinter in a cold greenhouse. One last thing, how often would all these
things need watering, I read in the books to keep things on the dry side,
but does that mean bone dry or watered once a month, week etc??
Thanks for the help
Dean