Old 25-08-2005, 12:17 PM
SVTKate

No no no... vinegar is not like real acid.
It shouldn't hurt the bronze or zinc, it just works on the calcium.

Soaking things lke shower heads and faucet diffusers is a very common
housewifey thing to do .. really, it's ok.
If I'll do it to pieces of my $250 faucet, I have no problem doing it to a
$9 faucet head.

Use white vinegar, about $1.89 or you can buy quarts.

Let us know what you do and how it all works out, ok!

Kate

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
: In article , says...
: If the r.c.m guys can't help you, why not fill a plastic bag with
: vinegar and tie it to the faucet? Keep the thread part in the
: vinegar. Replace as needed. Cheaper than a new faucet or a rare
: tap and die.
:
: Thanks for the suggestion. I may give that a try if I can't find
: a threading die. My thought is that acid may dissolve some of the
: base metal as well as the mineral deposits, so I will have to be
: careful with it.