Old 25-08-2005, 12:26 PM
SVTKate

Thank You Jack for the Great photo AND information!

Kate

"Suzy O" wrote in message
: Too darned cool! We had a live specimen brought into the office @ a month
: ago. When the person initially called on the phone and talked about the
: long "stinger" on the back end of the critter, I had no idea what it could
: be. Then when he brought it in -- ta da -- it was easy to see what he was
: talking about. I'd never seen one in person before, so it was a real
treat!
: Thanks for sharing another great pic. Your site rocks!
: Suzy O
:
: wrote in message
: oups.com...
: This interesting wasp ranges throughout North America feeding on flower
: nectar. The male is hardly ever seen and quite inconspicuous by
: comparison. It's abdomen is short and blunt.
:
: JS
:
: --
: PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm
: Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
: http://schmidling.com
: ,
:
: