Old 25-08-2005, 12:29 PM
adm

"Glittery Gary" wrote in message

"Trevor" wrote in message
Hi - I tend three gardens now and am thinking of buying a petrol
strimmer.
The ones I'm looking at are a McCulloch or a Flymo, priced around £90.
They
just seem a bit beefier than the electrics.
Has anyone had either of these or any thoughts?

Thanks,

Trevor P.

Its a must to physically try before buy..........some styles are just not
ergonomic.......

PLUS don't forget the old saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY
FOR...........cheapness is not always the economical route.

aim for something in the mid price bracket

as for the maker who knows just buy a known make.

I recently bought a Ryobi 3046 (30cc) and am very pleased with it. One of
the key benefits is that it is one fo the "expandit" compatible ones and the
strimmer/brushcutter head can be swapped for a hedgetrimmer, tiller, pruner,
etc, etc......