Old 25-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Steven Wachs

Default [IBC] info req: Torro

In a message dated 8/22/2005 9:17:37 P.M. Afghanistan Standard Time,
writes:

Per post a week or so ago I got a nice, but somewhat neglected, juniper from
a friend. The juniper had a significant ant infestation (and other). I gave
it an overnight soak and then treated it with Ortho Home and Garden. This
significantly reduced the problem(s). Last inspection I only found a few
ants. I will continue to monitor the tree closely.

Someone [local] recommended Torro for controlling the remaining ants. Are
there any potential dangers using Torro in bonsai? Looks like a syrup bait
the ants feed on and carry home.

--
I would try using the bait next to the tree instead of on the soil. It
should attract the ants away from the tree. watch the top of the tree for aphids.

SteveW
Long Island NY

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --