Old 25-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Cindy

Thanks for all the help and comments. I should mention that the old house
will be empty when being shown as we are moving out prior to be going on the
market. So if I pull them, no problem.
As for the cannas. They seem to do well right where they are for the last
3-4 years. Never been dug up, just mulched well before frost.

Cindy

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Right....that's why we dig them up. That also lets the air out of Warren's
comments. They may be part of the landscape when they're growing, but they
have a slim chance of living through the winter, unless you have exactly
the right mini-climate right by the foundation of the house. Even so...not
likely.

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
Canna's are not usually hardy in this zone range.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:43:02 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Well...you know they want to be moved just before the frost, so they have
as
much time as possible to grow. I'd wait till the last minute, and then
dig
them up with as much soil as possible, even if that means buying the
small
size boxes from U-Haul and lining them with trash bags. Then, get them
back
in the ground before working on the house, which, as you know, is only
10%
as important as the garden and can go to hell for years without mattering
much. :-)

"Cindy" wrote in message
t...
My mistake
I live in zone 6-7 and am moving in the same zone.

Cindy

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Where do you live, and exactly when are you moving?

"Cindy" wrote in message
I will be moving to our new house soon and want to take my cannas and
lilies with me. They are still blooming and I wonder if I cant just
cut
them back and when the time comes dig up the bulbs. Would this work?

TIA

Cindy