Old 25-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Doug Freyburger

JustMe wrote:

What the heck!, I'll tell you what happened to me anyway. I had two
rows of cabbage, It had been very dry for several weeks, and then it
rained, the second night after the rain something was devastating my
cabbage crop, it looked as though something had just taken a big bit
out of the top of the head. That night well after dark, I took my
flashlight and shotgun, and went to the garden. Sure enough, more
cabbage had been eaten. As I cautiously walked down the row, at my
feet, just in front of me I heard a "rrriiippp" and the cabbage just
burst open on the top. Because of the drought the outside of the
cabbage had became tough and not very flexible. Since the rain, the
inside of the cabbage was growing very rapidly.

Whew. Good thing you stayed clear. Those are actually
triffids and you this close to becoming a pod person when
it opened. Shotguns don't work against triffids. Or
maybe watch out for little aliens crawling out of nearby
deer. ;^)