Old 25-08-2005, 04:27 PM
mikey

"Geoff" wrote in message

Does anybody have experience in dealing with plum moths?

Can anybody recommend the best traps for me to use next year on my now
established plum and gage trees?

Last year, I used the pheromone trap and had virtually no saw fly
infestation at all.

This year, one of the Vics is fully laden - and most of the plums have
maggots in them

I didn't use the pheromone trap this year...

Fair enough and thanks for answering, but what particular make of trap(s)
did you use please? Have you tried using two pheromones in one trap? If
so, was it effective?

Geoff

Geoff
We had a lot of rotting plums last year which we assume were down to codling
moths, so we started using Agralan brand pheromone traps at at the end of
June (one pheromone capsule at a time) - last year we were losing 9 out of
10 plums, now it's only 1 in 10.
We assume it is the traps, but it could always be the weather....

Mike