Old 26-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Doug Kanter

"Warren" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
Based on this logic (and you KNOW I'm kidding), fake leaves should be
glued to the trees if the buyer made the purchase offer before autumn.

I'll accept that you're kidding, but I don't get what you're saying at
all.

Warren, your explanation of your viewpoint is legally and logically
beautiful, and it sounds like you're either a lawyer or an experienced
realtor. But, even the law allows for the fact that logic doesn't jive with
reality. If we're talking about a climate like mine, where cannas are
virtually guaranteed to die if left in the ground through the winter, you're
saying that they should be left in the ground. Or, maybe I should dig them
up, put them in a box, and give them to the buyers with a photograph of
their previous location, and planting instructions.

But, based on that logic, a buyer (albeit an intensely stupid one) could go
to court and say that when they put in their purchase offer, in early
September, there were leaves on the trees. However, when they finally took
possession in mid-October, the trees were bare and they now want some sort
of compensation. After all, those leaves were as much a part of the
landscape as the cannas.