Old 26-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Doug Kanter

"Warren" wrote in message
paghat wrote:

When we sell our place I'm taking as much of the garden with me as
possible. It's over-planted by most peoples' standards anyway & it'll
still look like a jungle even if I take my favorite least replaceable
perennials & half to two-thirds of the rhody collection (other big shrubs
probably won't be moved as it'd be too hard & some of them might not
survive uprooting, but rhodies are easy to move). The house is so big
that
it'll probably sell to a family that wants more lawn for children & a dog
to play, & some of the gardens would be sacrified even if I left
everything behind. But it'll be discussed with potential buyers so that
nobody's unhappy with what happens.

Yep. It's that simple! That's all I'm saying. The buyer should be aware
whenever a fixture isn't going to stay, and if it's planted in the ground
(even only part of the year like a bulb or tuber that gets lifted), it's a
fixture.

Your sales contract can simply state certain elements of the landscaping
will be removed as per discussion.

Now I *really* think you're a lawyer! Squirrels move 20% of the bulbs
around, or completely away from my property. Should I put a waver in the
sales contract when I sell this place??? That's really catering to a stupid
buyer.