Old 25-08-2005, 10:14 PM
Displayed name

"Lissy" wrote in message

I'm growing several cucumber and courgette plants in my sunny attic
room. I have noticed though that:

a) little cucumbers are growing followed by flowers - do I need to do
some pollinating for them to develop further ? Are the flowers male or
female ???

b) I have a few courgette flowers, but nothing resembling a courgette.
Do I need to break into these flowers and do some pollination for them
to fruit ???? Is the sex - ie male or female predetermined ???? If so
why do I need to pollinate ????

This is my 1st year of growing these so would like some success !!!!!!
Any help greatly appreciated
Lissy

--
Lissy

Which sort of cukes - gynoecious, if they are hybrid (for sallad) like that
polination is counterproductive, these little cukes with flower on top are
female flowers, leave those, but flowers without cukes beneath them remove
from a plant-these are male fl.