Old 25-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Trunky

I can grow a wide variety of cacti and succulents in my unheated greenhouse,
slightly more than I can outdoors, probably due to keeping the plants dry. I
find an unheated greenhouse a great place to grow winter salad greens and
new potatoes ready for Christmas and New Year, admittedly this is a bit of a
luxury!! If I dont do this, I find the greenhouse dull between October (when
the last of the Tomatoes and Chiles are harvested) and late April (when the
new Tomatoes and Chiles are planted). With a little heat you can start
plants from seed 4 or so weeks earlier.

low price HL1 & HL2 servers for rental
10 player private clanserver 12 quid!!
http://www.stressed-out.org - for details or #stressed on quakenet
CS Public #1, 195.242.236.6:27015 ff=on, awp=off trial public server
"John McMillan" wrote in message

The message
from "Dean" contains these words:

I wondered if I put cardboard on the floor (which is made
up entirely of paving slabs)

You wanted to put cardboard on the floor to minimize heat loss through
the slabs into the ground I imagine. I'd guess that this loss of heat
is small compared with losses to the air through the glass and
metal (?) frame.