Old 26-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Janet Galpin

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

Can you just pick them slightly before fully ripe and eat them the
next day when they've finished ripening

I suppose so. Don't know what the taste will be like.

I think the taste will be fine if you're just picking them slightly
before fully ripe.

I find Sungold is quite prone to splitting but haven't experienced
much on my Gardeners' Delight. (My watering is very hit-and-miss).

What sort of soil do you have?

My soil is what I think you'd call fen silt but my watering (polytunnel)
is by a rather battered sprinkler system which I use only about every
four days or so - unless it's very hot. There are areas it doesn't
reach, which very occasionally get a watering from a hand-held hose, and
areas which get a double or treble dose. Somehow, and rather
miraculously, the tomatoes survive and even do rather well.

Janet G