Old 26-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Dr.

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message

Bottom line - you will probably have to buy a group of larger loaches
(clowns probably) to have them eat all of the snails if you decide to try
snails and then change your mind.

I've read about people having mixed results wrt Clown Loaches munching on
snails. They seem to do the job for some, but not others.

I had Clowns before I had any plants or snails. They're not too big... maybe
2.5" give or take a little. They don't mess with the larger snails much, but
I rarely see a small snail. I have 2 other tanks without loaches that have a
lot of snails. I'll fish a load of them out, then drop them in the tank with
the Loaches at feeding time. They wipe them out quick. Kinda funny watching
a Loach pick up a snail and swim around with it. Crushing shells on larger
snails helps.

Gary