Old 11-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

In message , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes
In message , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Chris French and Helen
Johnson writes

The intended law isn't actually banning higher hedges. The intention is
for higher hedges to need planning permission. In the same way as high
fences need planning permission.

Does that apply to new higher hedges or existing ones?

No idea, i'm just going on what I have read in papers, websites etc.

I've since been a Googling.

For anyone interested you can download a .pdf of the bill at:

http://www.parliament.the-stationery...203/ldbills/00
4/2003004.pdf

(there is supposed to be an online version but the link was broken)

I haven't read it yet. But apparently the Bill has recently been going
through the House of Lords (it was introduced on 14th November) and was
supposed to have it's second reading on 10th December. I assume it has
passed this and it will now be taken to the Commons by Stephen Pound MP.

The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister (Old 'Two Jags') has indicated
some sort of support for the bill and it's successful progress into law
looks quite likely.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: