Old 26-08-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Finally a pumpkin

Hi,

Well we finally have a little pumpkin starting. It's about the size of
a plum but seems very healthy. I noticed that this one was bigger than
the other females that failed to start even before the flower opened.
Seems like a lot of female flowers are starting to show up now.

Still plenty of growing time left so hopefully we will get a nice
pumpkin.

How many pumpkins should I allow to grow on one vine? I don't care
about growing a giant but I would like a good size pumpkin we can use
for halloween.

If I start to remove some of the new female flowers when should that be
done? Should I wait until they flower or just remove them as soon as I
see them?

Thanks for any tips.

Steve