Old 26-08-2005, 09:15 AM
newsb

In article , Geoff
writes

Pheromone traps...

Fair enough and thanks for answering, but what particular make of trap(s)
did you use please? Have you tried using two pheromones in one trap? If
so, was it effective?

Can't recall the make - just whatever the shed sold. I'll try and see
if I've got any packaging left later this evening. It comes as a
"flatpack" stiff green, corrugated plastic tent. Open it up, put the
sticky board in it, put the pheromone capsule in it and hang it in the
tree. (I think one trap would do 3-4 trees in a reasonably close
location. Maybe more, I don't know.)

I think it describes the sort of moths it should be catching - so you
can see if it is working as the season goes on.

I think it says to put them up around flowering - but mine went up just
after the small fruitlets have formed.

It might be possible to get refills, but I just bought separate traps
for plum sawfly and apple codling moth. They weren't too expensive.

--
regards andyw