Old 11-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Steve Harris

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

In article ,
(Chris French and Helen Johnson) wrote:

For anyone interested you can download a .pdf of the bill at:

http://www.parliament.the-stationery...200203/ldbills
/004/2003004.pdf

So far as I can see, it's rather one sided. The complainer complains to
the Local Authority who may decide it's a good complaint and issue an
order. If the hedge owner doesn't like it, they have to appeal to the
Secretary of State.

It would seem sensible to me that the LA be compelled to notify the
hedge owner of the complaint, invite comment and allow time to do so, It
might then make a better decision.

Also, this bill seems to have the LA (IE, politicians) acting as judge,
jury and executioner. I thought it had been established under the Human
Rights stuff that that is bad.