Old 27-08-2005, 02:26 AM
Raleighgirl

Default Garden mice?

"Tim C" wrote in message
| We're purchasing a house in Durham next week, and it comes with
| a nice garden area. Unfortunately, it hasn't been touched
since
| at least March, so it's overrun with wildlife.
|
| We'd like to restore it as much as possible before the winter,
| which means my first order of business is to get rid of the
| snakes -- and to do that, I figure I need to get rid of the
mice.

| Does anyone have any suggestions for mouse control and removal,
| either pro or con, or other ideas on how to control the pest
| population? (There's no way my wife or kids will play in the
| garden with snakes and mice around.
|
| Thanks in advance,
| -TC
Tim,
Congrats on the new house.
Chances are, once you start cutting the grass and moving around
out there the wildlife will retreat.
Basically, nothing will keep snakes away. Be sure to remove or
burn all collected brush, old woodpiles, etc. If you place
cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil into mouse/mole/vole holes,
they will leave.
Good luck.
Raleighgirl