Old 27-08-2005, 05:23 AM
djay

Default Japanese Maple trimming

Hello,

I have a Japanese maple that has doubled in size in about 20 months. I live
on the central coast of California and the growing season is very long here.

There may be many sources for this type of information and if there is
please point me there, but I'm interested in trimming this tree back. For
the area it is growing in, it is becoming extremely large. So I'd like to
trim it back and was wondering how much to trim it back while still being
safe for the tree and when to do so.

I didn't plant it - I "bought" the tree when I bought the house. It's
beautiful and I wish to keep it healthy but managed.

Thanks,

Djay