Old 27-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Paul in Redland" wrote in message
What are you raising there, CATfish???.................You had to know
that was coming!

Paul

================
With the whiskers on some butterfly koi they may as well be CATfish. :-))
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
How often are you guys feeding your fish? I do so once in the morning
and again once in the evening. About 3 handfuls per feeding.
Financially speaking, I wouldn't mind toning it down some ;-)

## Don't buy the overpriced koi/GF foods. I buy catfish food for $11 per
50 lb bag at a farm store, Tractor Supply Company. This year I bought 20
lbs of trout chow to add and give them some variety. I also mix in a
small amount of kitten chow with the fish food and feed them twice a day.
I have loads of fish in 2 ponds and an assortment of pools and a 500
gallon tank of young koi. It costs us no more than $20 to $30 a year in
fish food. I also toss in worms and grubs I find in the garden and
compost pile.

Though I do enjoy the respite in the morning watching them eat.