Old 27-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Switchblade

Default Planting Seeds for Dummies ( Me being the DUmmy!) Need help.. :(

Ok so it makes me feel Incredibly dumb but i know nothing about
planting from seed in Pots. my mother has always had her gardens, but
honestly she always planted them directly in the soil. Now i live in an
apartment and i miss her Morning Glorys, Teresitas (thats spanish name
i dont know what theyre called in english) and my cat misses her
catnip. So this is my Dumb question. what are the first steps to
planting seeds in a pot? i know about spacing my seeds when i plant
them directly in the soil, but how does spacing work in a pot?? esp
small ones? when it says, plant no less than six inches apart, is that
per seed? i m planting a few herbs, basil, parsley, marjoram, chives
and sage (cuz i love cooking w/ fresh herbs) and for rec. plants i have
some morning glory seeds.

help anyone?