Old 27-08-2005, 04:12 PM
willshak

On 8/27/2005 8:57 AM US(ET), Carolyn took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Anyone know how to remove a burn mark off a marble countertop? I placed a
match on it after lighting a candle, thinking it would be a safe surface,
but it left a mark :-((

From this page:
http://www.cleanreport.com/forum_view_1.cfm?sub=1

Q: I have a cultured marble bathtub. However, I was burning a candle in
a glass jar and let it burn all the way down. Now I have an awful burn
on the marble. Is there any way of removing the yellow burn mark?
A: Burns can be sanded out with fine, then ultra-fine sandpaper,
followed by a polishing compound (such as Turtle Wax, appliance wax,
silicone sealers.) Make sure the surface stays wet while you work.

--
Bill