Old 11-12-2002, 11:06 PM
bnd777

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

You have indeed highlighted one of the biggest cause for complaint
..........the maintenance of the trees/hedge that falls on to the gardener on
the other side

If the hedge grower plants it well inside his land so it cant encroach on a
neighbour and is considerate about the height then fine however i know quite
a few who have planted Leylandi right on the boundary without giving a fig
for the neighbour and then if they do decide to maintain the height all the
cuttings mess up the neighbours patch

These are the growers who refuse point blank to co operate with any
neighbouly discussion or Mediation UK
"Essjay001" wrote in message
I understand your problem but at what point will you stop this hedge from
growing up and out?
If you do keep it trimmed neat now what about the future when you may be
unable too?
Or what about the Rsole you sell to who may deem it his/her duty to let it
grow with no concern for neighbours?

Have you seen the Hedgeline site?

There were other alternatives to Leylandii.

As a matter of interest , how far did you plant your hedge from your
boundary?

Steve R

Anne Middleton/Harold Walker scribbled:

The Leylandii crops up so much I feel I "must chip" in with a
comment......a wonderful, wonderful tree....a neighbor just would not
keep his garden tidy...looking at his bluddy mess all the time was a
pain in the butt......Leylandii solved the problem....now he is
complaining about the loss of light and I am taking the same action
as the neighbor did...nowt at all and laughing about it...good old
Leylandii, keep on growing and growing.....fortunately we have no
such laws........HW "Drakanthus" wrote in
message ...
Looks like neighbours will have one thing less to fall out about
soon...

According to the BBC news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2557749.stm

--
Drakanthus.

( Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere
in the subject line or emails will never reach me.)