Old 28-08-2005, 12:30 AM

Thanks for the tip. I was just looking at our little pumpkin and
thinking about putting something under it to take some of the stress
off of the stem. Right now it is sitting off the grond about 3 inches
because of the way the stem is positioned. Once it gets bigger it will
probably rotate the vine and eventually hit the ground but I was
thinking of putting something under it like a piece of wood.

This would all be a lot easier if I had the kind of space one needs to
really grow pumpkins. I have two main plants on the side of our house
in a fairly narrow but long area. They are both running towards the
front yard and into some shrubbery we have there so it's a little
tricky managin the vines.

Steve