Old 28-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Roy

Keep the salt in the kitchen and not in the pond. If yu have a need
for salt such as a QT setup then use it. Arbitrarily adding salt can
quickly get your salt level up high. Plants would apprciate other
nutrient type stuff more than salt, and fish just do not need routine
doses of salt.

On 27 Aug 2005 11:46:40 -0700, wrote:

===I am thinking of adding the pond salt to my 2 barrel setup.
===
===Is it added expense and more maintenance for a couple of goldfish and a
===few mosquito fish?
===
===I would think when you do water change just salt the added volume
===before hand, but reading from the messages say not to do that as salt
===might accumulate, so how often do I add salt and test?

"The original frugal ponder"