Old 28-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Steven Bornfeld

theoldgardener wrote:
Assuming they are mealy bugs, spraying them with water containing
detergent will help, but the reason most finally toss them is that a
few of the insects will also be in the plant's soil and those will
reinfest the plant. The cure (constant vigilance and repeated spraying)
is too much trouble for a plant like coleus.

So I won't feel too guilty if I toss them. I just hope the other
plants (so far unaffected) in the same planters don't become infected.

Thanks,
Steve

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl {\f0\fswiss\fcharset0
Arial;}}