Old 12-12-2002, 12:41 AM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Leylandii - Its days are numbered!

"Drakanthus" wrote in message ...
Looks like neighbours will have one thing less to fall out about soon...

According to the BBC news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2557749.stm

I doubt it. Last year we were all getting excited about a
consultation paper from the 'Leylandii Working Group', which proposed
a fairly simple formula where the limit would vary according to the
distance from structures. The same hyperbole on the news reckoned
that Leylandii were finished then.

I'll believe it when I see it - and when the legislation is actually
enforced regularly 5 years after it is passed, rather than quietly
forgotten.

It's news management, not a real change.