Old 28-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Ned

"Gilly" wrote in message
Like most towns, my town council has several gardens and plantings
throughout the town. This year all their plantings include Ricinus which
are showing a fine crop of red spiky berry things. I thought that parts

of
this plant are highly dangerous? Should I be phoning the council and
expressing my concern, or am I over-reacting?

I wonder if the town council could be prosecuted under the Anti-Terrorism
statues for manufacturing a dangerous poison which could be used in a terror
attack?

But seriously, apart from being the source of ricine (after processing) the
plant is also the source of castor oil.

regards
Ned