Old 28-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Bill Moats

"TQ" ToweringQs AT adelphia.net wrote in message
I'm in the market for one, having outgrown my one-gallon
pump-spray-pumpsomemore applicators. Problem is, there are too many
choices, so I would like to hear your opinions about 3-4 gallon backpak
sprayers. The sprayer will be used to apply fungicide, pesticide, and
foliar feedings to a 500 ft² veg garden, foundation landscape plantings,
and
a few dwarf fruit trees.

Piston or diaphram pump?
Best PSI?
Brass for wand and/or nozzle or will poly suffice?
Lumbar support and strap comfort?
Durability?
Leaks?
Solo, Field King, Gilmore, SP Systems, or Hudson?

I have two Solo 4 gal backpack sprayers that are 5+ years old. They work
fine with no problems. One has a brass nozzle, the other plastic and both
work equally well. I use them on semi-dwarf trees from the ground and for
general weed spraying. They are as comfortable as anything with 4 gal. of
liquid on your back could be.

Bill
Pau Hana Farm
Milton-Freewater, Oregon