Old 28-08-2005, 07:25 PM
ajr

"ajr" wrote in message
Good morning,

On an impulse buy I purchased some onion sets yesterday that (according to
the label) should be planted in the autumn.

Had a look through a couple of gardening books, but there is no mention of
growing onions over the winter!

Does anyone know when these should be planted and when they will be
mature - I'm guessing that I should put them in October / November time
when I plant the garlic.

Many thanks.

Andrew

Geoff / Robert,

Many thanks for the advice - as there are a shed load of bulbs I'm going to
try both options - particularly like the idea of 'spring onions' in
October!!

Will report back on the results in a month / the spring respectively.

Cheers,

Andrew