Old 29-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Stubby

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable
if used during the daytime.

Bow and arrow?

I spent years trying to protect my garden from woodchucks. The best
defense was fence material installed about 3' around the garden AND
horizonally around the garden. To that I had to add an electric fence,
battery operated, about a foot off the ground. That worked quite well
but cost around $60. That makes the veggies a tad bit expensive!

I located the holes, there are always at least 2, and filled them with
alternate layers of plastic shopping bags and egg-size gravel. The
nasty criters have a hard time digging through the layers.

No wood chucks have been seen in over a year!!! Good luck