Old 11-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Jeffery

Default Killing snail eggs ?

Just a passing thought but will Fertisan also kill snails?

--
Best wishes,
Jeffery.

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
Hi Jenny, I think someone has already mentioned Fertisan, you were

concerned
that you may not get it in Holland, If you can't (and its quite

expensive)
it is only Aluminium sulphate, wildly used in the treatment of

drinking
water, so I would imagine you will have no probs getting it by the

kilo. its
very effective indoors
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

Hi Charlie,
Thanks for the info - I'm off to the chemist to see if I can get some
!!
A couple more questions:
When should I apply it ?
What sort of concentration should I use ?
And will it work on outside pots too ??
Jenny

You can apply any time.
Someone with Fertisan should be able to give the correct dilution for

plants
(its years since I used it) I will look for you if I see some this week.
It works very well out doors when snails and slugs are active but it has
never caught on due to the fact rain renders it ineffective.
I have used it to establish Clematis in hard places with lots of snails,

you
can mix it up and use it in a pressure spray to get into all the nooks and
crannies they hide in.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk