Old 11-12-2002, 06:49 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Cleaning fleece

"Alan Gould" wrote in message

Is it still allowed post BSE?

AFAIK all BSE based restrictions have been lifted, so that would seem to
include h&h for gardening purposes, or presumably cow or calf-heel for
human consumption. Ox-tail is in much the same territory and that is
regularly seen on sale in butchers and supermarkets.

I know but I thought I read somewhere that bone products for the garden were
verboten.

Animal based fertilisers other than dung and urine snip

We avoid
them on animal welfare grounds,

Why is that? hoof and horn and even blood are products of the
slaughterhouse, animals are slaughtered for food. I'm not challenging, just
asking.

Mary
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.