Old 29-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Dwayne

I know of a guy that mixed one or two tablespoons of it in a gallon of
water, and then sprayed it on the ground around the plants and on the
leaves. He used it on roses and sweet potatoes and produced a sweet potato
that weighed nearly 4 kilo. It was featured on a TV show. He applied it
once a month during the growing season. You might want to take a sample of
your soil first to make sure it needs it. If it does, you could use it on
anything in the garden that requires magnesium.

Dwayne

"Amber" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a plant that has the darker veins on the leaves problem and also
redening of the leaves. I am presuming the first bit is magnesium
defiency and the second is an iron problem? Its a new to us garden,
and a foot or so down is a great chalk collection. I am trying to
improve the soil, but need to sort this problem out.

Is epsom salts the same as I have in the bathroom, if so how much
should I put on?
I used a general purpose fertilizer as it seemed to be the only one
listing trace elements(especially as I wasn't sure if it was a few I
was missing). If it is going to work when should I see a difference?
Is it work using a fertillizer for acid soil to try and make more of
the trace element avilable?

thanks in advance
amber